Calling all Social Care / Social Science / Psychology / Sociology final year students!
Focus Ireland operates a graduate programme, known internally as “The Community Service Volunteer Programme” which offers opportunities for graduates to develop their skills and expertise in the area of social and community work. It is particularly suited to graduates of Social Science courses who are interested in gaining experience prior to returning to complete their masters in Social Care. The programme has been in operation for over 20 years and entails the following:
- 12 months full time experience as a team member in one of the participating projects in Dublin, Limerick, Cork, Sligo or Waterford.
- Participation in a well-established, unique and innovative model of practice enabling participants to contribute skills in a structured, supervised & supported way for the benefit of disadvantaged and marginalized people including people out of home or at risk of becoming homeless. The extent of the commitment, involvement and responsibility that CSVs have exceeds that of an ordinary volunteer.
- Living allowance of €12,500 per annum
- Full access to professional supervision and support from allocated CSV supervisor
- Full access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Same policy entitlements as employees
- Many seminars and work groups organized throughout the year – talks from internal & external experts
- Bespoke training programme to include courses in: Child Protection, First Aid, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, Understanding Addiction, Parents Plus, Losses in Life & Bereavement, Mental Health, Stress Management, Motivational Interviewing, LGBT Homelessness and Traveller Culture.
- Site visits arranged to other services that Focus Ireland would liaise with such as prisons and drug treatment centres.
The CSV programme runs from September to August every year and we offer places to 15 graduates!
Focus Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and volunteer involving organization.
Further information and the application form on our website.
The closing date for applications for the 2016/2017 programme is 14th February 2016.
Applications can be sent to: HR Volunteer Co-ordinator, Focus Ireland, 9–12 High Street, Dublin 8 or email to email@example.com.