Are you interested in:
- Finding out more about EU Career opportunities and promoting them to your fellow students?
- Building a fantastic network across Europe?
- Gaining work experience during your studies?
- Developing your skills in public speaking, marketing and HR?
- Receiving a full induction and coaching throughout the role?
- Giving your CV extra clout with future employers?
The European Personnel Selection Office (EPSO) is looking for motivated, outgoing people with enthusiasm to promote EU Careers in UCD.
As a highly-regarded employer of top graduates, we’re looking for a brand ambassador at the best universities in Europe. Part of an established and successful initiative, the EU Careers Ambassadors scheme involves finding innovative ways of promoting the great opportunities we have to offer, including through:
- attending careers fairs, or giving presentations to your fellow students
- developing university networks and providing information
- maintaining an active online and social media presence
- answering questions and queries about EU Careers
Of course, there’s a lot in it for you, too.
For starters, all of our Ambassadors receive comprehensive training which will prepare them perfectly for the role. You’ll be able to develop the skills you need to be a successful Ambassador, we’ll give you loads of support and ideas on getting started.
Secondly, in a super-competitive graduate job market, a position of responsibility like this could really make you stand out. As well as developing your communication and presentation skills, the international perspective you’ll demonstrate will give your CV extra clout with future employers.
Apply online by 12pm Brussels time (11am Irish time) on 24 April 2015.
James Atkinson graduated with a B Comm from the UCD Lochlann Quinn School of Business in 2012. In his final year at UCD, he had several career paths available to him. Accounting seemed a popular route with solid prospects; but James looked for something a bit more creative, stimulating and challenging.
“When a friend sent me the link to THE VITAL INGREDIENT website, I thought I had finally found a job that suited me perfectly. Jameson look for self-starters, graduates who are independent and ambitious, not afraid to take on a challenge and run with it.
So within a few months I had made my application video, highlighting my college society involvement, previous jobs and relevant academic achievements. Two tough assessment centres later I got an email offering me the job and so my incredible journey began with a position as Jameson Brand Ambassador in Poland.
My year in Poland was the time of my life: driving to Warsaw, Krakow and Wroclaw, running tasting sessions in bars, organising events, bartender advocacy programs, trade marketing and PR support. My role involved working on the brand plans and their execution. After one year, I had learned a lot and I indicated an interest to move on to another challenge. The team responded and offered me a position as the first Jameson Brand Ambassador in Thailand.
September 2013 I landed in Bangkok to continue my work building the Jameson brand. A new team, language, culture and a big challenge that requires a big can do attitude. I got to work seeding the brand, finding sampling opportunities and building relationships with key Thai bar owners and influencers. I’m entering my third year on the Jameson International Brand Ambassador Programme now and my second year in Bangkok. Things are going great. Check out #JamesonThailand on Instagram to see what I’ve been up to.
In both Poland and Thailand I drew a lot from my modules in International Marketing and Cross-Cultural Management: working in multi-cultural teams and learning how to proceed efficiently while maintaining a good rapport with customers and colleagues.
I believe the Jameson International Brand Ambassador Programme is the single best entry to a career in marketing so get up and make that video! Good luck!”
If you’re interested in finding out more about Jameson’s Brand Ambassador graduate programme, have a look at thevitalingredient.ie and come along to their presentation in Quinn Q013 at 1pm on Tuesday 4th November. The closing date for applications is 14 Jan 2015.
First Derivatives Plc are seeking enthusiastic and ambitious students to represent their company as a brand ambassador on UCD campus.
Here are all the details from First Derivatives about the role. Interested applicants should apply via the First Derivatives website by 18th July 2014.
**THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED – PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION NOW, IN TIME FOR A TRAINING DAY ON 7TH AUGUST 2014**
The Selection Process
- The individual must be of a relevant degree background and be able to work part-time alongside their studies
- All applicants must apply online via First Derivatives Plc careers website
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on the contents of their application
- Those who successfully pass this shortlisting will be invited via to telephone interview
- Following the telephone interview the successful applicant will be invited to an FD assessment centre for the following interview stage
- All FD brand ambassadors selected will be publicised on First Derivatives’s website
What is required to be an FD Ambassador?
- An FD ambassador will embody all that represents First Derivatives Plc – we need you to raise awareness of the FD brand on campus.
- You must be willing to exclusively promote FD opportunities throughout the academic year
- Alongside the FD Ambassador team you must organize a minimum of 2 FD events on campus per year.
- You are expected to circulate leaflets and other FD promo material when required
- All FD ambassadors must refer a minimum of 10 final year students to apply to our graduate programme that year.
- We need outgoing, confident and highly ambitious students with a wide university network.
The Benefits of beings an FD Ambassador
Those who are awarded as an FD Ambassador will get an opportunity to kick start their career in a global organization. Ambassadors gain an opportunity to transfer their skills picked up at university into a real life organization, reporting weekly into HR staff of their progress on campus.
- An FD ambassador will have the opportunity to add a Global plc organization to their CV experience
- Exposure to key HR staff at FD and connections with university career teams
- Opportunity to make some money – for every graduate you sign up and are successful in securing employment with FD -we award you £50! Those with good sales experience have an opportunity to make lots of money!
- All FD ambassadors are exclusively invited to FD social events,
How the Programme Works
We are exclusively inviting you to join our FD team to help rally up awareness of FD and help promote our vacancies on campus. This part time activity is an opportunity to build on your CV experience and make some money also. What’s not to lose? Don’t miss out…
Interested applicants should apply via the First Derivatives website.