‘Significant numbers of students in higher education feel they are not learning skills which will contribute to their chances of getting a job‘, a new national survey indicates, as reported by today’s Irish Times.
How can we help?
- We can help students to develop skills for working life.
- We provide access to a job searching facility (through Careers Connect), including full & part time vacancies, work experience and internships.
- We provide assistance with job applications and interviews.
- We can help identify graduate study options, application and entry procedures.
One to One Appointments
Students (and alumni) can book a ‘quick query’ appointment (20 min) with aCareer & Skills Consultant to talk about:
- CV / Application Review
- Career Options
- Further Study
- Graduate Employment
- Internship Information
- Interview Preparation
- Other (you can specify when booking if you want to chat about something not listed above!)
Events – Employer and Centre Sessions
The centre runs subject and industry-specific recruitment fairs, workshops andemployer presentations throughout the year so students have direct access to network with employees from different companies throughout the academic year.
Logging into Careers Connect will give students (and alumni) access to a range of online resources free of charge. To use these resources, a number of codes are required depending on what you want to use, such as: client code, access code and password (all available on log in). These resources include:
- Profiling for Success – Psychometric Tests
- 10 Minutes With
- Going Global
- CEI Internships
- Glass Door
Self-study optional online module – Career Zone
If you feel that you do not want to visit us in person and can learn these skills in a self-taught environment, then our self-study optional module (non-credit bearing) might be the answer! This module, produced specifically for UCD students, can assist with Career Planning. Career Zone is available to students throughBlack Board. Simply log in and search for Career Zone to register directly. Students can register at any time of the year.
The UCD Career Development Centre wishes all UCD students the very best with the rest of Semester 1 and we hope to see more students dropping into the office to avail of our services.