Are you looking for part-time work during your studies?
You can find part-time and temporary jobs advertised through most of the usual job websites and channels. However, increasingly employers are using social media as an inexpensive, easy and fast way to fill vacancies. Some tips for finding work are:
- Look at the vacancies advertised on Careers Connect and set up your email notifications for part-time work (you can do this in Update Profile)
- Check out the Students’ Union jobs page
- Follow @ucdcareers on Twitter and like us on Facebook to see our posts about part-time/temp opportunities
- Search Twitter – use #jobfairy and #ucdjobfairy, check out @jobsinwindows, as well as looking up companies you are interested in working for
- Ask around – friends, family, old colleagues – use your network to find out about opportunities that may not be advertised
If you’re looking for help with preparing a CV for part-time work, we run CV seminars, group CV workshops and one-to-one appointments with our Career & Skills Consultants. All of these can be booked through Careers Connect.